To update your Komplex Sequencer to operate with the latest firmware, download the ZIP archive file from the Komplex Sequencer Product Page.
Komplex Sequencer Boot loader Manual
- Download the lates firmware *.zip file from the Komplex Sequencer Product Page;
- Extract the *.wav files into a folder;
- Open an audio program (we recommend the freeware and load the first *.wav file. Alternatively you can also use an mp3 player with an audio output;
- Crank up the volume.
BE CAREFUL! The sound of the firmware update file is a very harsh audio file and could damage your ears if you listen to it on full volume!
Now follow these steps:
1) Unplug all cables from the patch bay and power off the unit.
2) Connect a cable from your audio output to the START input of sequencer A’s patch bay.
3) Press Master PLAY and Master STOP simultaneously, keep holding them and insert the power cable. When you insert the power cable keep the two buttons pressed and the blue LEDs of the One-Shot Mode buttons of all four sequencers will blink two times. he individual START button LEDs will be lit
4) All four sequencers are now ready to accept the new firmware.
5) Play back the audio file corresponding to the sequencer you would like to update (For sequencer A, use the file Komplex_Sequencer_1_1_A.wav). When you start playing the wav file, the corresponding START button LED will go unlit until the updating process is finished.
6) Wait until the whole file has been fully played back.
7) After a successful update the START button LED will blink twice, the sequencer will restart and the STOP button LED will be lit
8) If problems occurred, the S button LED will start to blink. In that case unplug the power cable, g into boot loader mode (see step 3) and try to update the sequencer it again until the update is successful. Check the troubleshooting information below to find the problem you are facing.
Once you restart the sequencer in boot loader mode, all PLAY button LED’S will be on again. When you successfully updated a sequencer you do not have to update that one again.
) After a successful re-flash of all four sequencers be sure to power down and up the unit again.
What could go wrong:
- It could be that the audio volume is too low or too high, try out what works best;
- It could be you have a bad audio connection or cable;
- Make sure you play back the correct file to the correct sequencer;
- It could be you didn’t restart the sequencer in between sequencer updates.