- Download the lates firmware *.zip file from the KOMA Elektronik homepage;
- Extract the *.wav files into a folder;
- Open an audio program (we recommend the freeware and load the first *.wav file. Alternatively you can also use an mp3 player with an audio output;
- Crank up the volume.
- It could be that the audio volume is too low or too high, try out what works best;
- It could be you have a bad audio connection or cable;
- Make sure you play back the correct file to the correct sequencer;
- It could be you didn’t restart the sequencer in between sequencer updates.
Komplex Sequencer Boot loader Manual for CV Recorder
Preparations: same as for the firmware update for sequencers A – D.
Now follow these steps:
1) Unplug all cables from the patch bay and power off the unit.
2) Connect a cable from your audio output to the BANK UP input of the CV recorder’s patch bay. Always plug in the cable to the audio output first and then the other end into the BANK UP input. The reason for this is that if you do it the other way around the plugging procedure can be interpreted as the first few bits of the updating process already and this will lead to an unsuccessful update.
3) Press PLAY and RECORD of the CV Recorder simultaneously, keep holding them and insert the power cable. When you insert the power cable keep the PLAY button will blink twice and then stay lit. The CV Recorder is now ready to accept the new firmware.
4) Play back the audio file (Komplex_CV-Recorder_1_3.wav). When you start playing the wav file, the PLAY button LED will go unlit until the updating process is finished.
5) Wait until the whole file has been fully played back.
6) After a successful update the PLAY button LED will blink twice, the CV Recorder will restart itself.
7) If problems occurred, the PLAY button LED will start to blink quickly. In that case unplug the power cable, go into boot loader mode again (see step 3) and try again.
What could go wrong:
It could be that the audio volume is too low;
It could be you have a bad audio connection or cable;
Make sure you play back the correct file to the correct sequencer;
In some very rare cases headphones outputs can create problems when you insert a mono cable because one of the two channels will then be connected to ground. For this reason we recommend either using a stereo cable or a Y-splitter cable to connect your sound card / audio interface to your Komplex Sequencer.
BE CAREFUL! The sound of the firmware update file is a very harsh audio file and could damage your ears if you listen to it on full volume! KOMA Elektronik will not take responsibility for any damages resulting from wrong handling of your audio device.